Homeschooling with Prodigies
Links and Tips for Homeschooling with Prodigies!
If you have a bit more time to spend on your music lessons at home, there are a few things you’ll want to be aware of to help you make the most out of Prodigies.
Maybe you’re homeschooling, unschooling, or just ready to commit more time to music lessons at home… either way, here are a few tips to keep in mind to help you maximize your #HappyMusicing…
- Complete all of the worksheets and reading all the songs from the songsheets (which requires a great time commitment and a little more setup). For this, you’ll need the physical chapter workbooks or a Pro Membership so you can print the curriculum.
- Repeat and perfect your favorite songs (or as many as you can) and challenge yourself to memorize the songs and/or play the black and white versions where applicable
- Be ready to deal with teaching multiple kids at different ages (either in a group or one by one) by understanding which series are meant for what age, and using the Performance Prodigies tracks to get multiple kids playing different instruments within each video
- Be ready to experiment with a variety of instruments instruments (like pianos, chromatic bells, xylophones etc). This will help keep it fresh for your kids, provide challenges as they transition from instrument to instrument and allow you to have some variety in your music room (as opposed to have 3-4 of the same type of instruments).
- Finally, if you’re in a rural area with poor internet, take steps to get the videos offline via the offline sync feature in our app, or get a USB key via our Pro Plus Kit for offline use.